Harrison Community Basketball / CPYBL Player Code of Conduct :
This Player Code of Conduct serves as a guideline for the behavioral standards of the Harrison Community Basketball and Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League. Every player is expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct. Ignorance of the Code of Conduct is not justification for noncompliance. The coordinator, coach, and parents are responsible to ensure a complete understanding of the Player Code of Conduct.
To maintain my status as a Harrison Community Basketball / CPYBL Player or otherwise risk forfeiture, I agree to the Player’s Code of Conduct, which states as follows.
I agree as a player:
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship at every game and practice through my words actions, by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials and by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
2. I accept responsibility for my behavior on an off the court. I understand that what I do and say affects my teammates, my school, and other people either positively or negatively.
3. I will place good sportsmanship above my personal desire to win.
4. I serve as a role model at all times by talking politely and acting courteously toward coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, and spectators. I understand that it is a privilege to represent my family, school, and community as a student-athlete.
5. I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, league official or any other attendee such as booing and taunting or refusing to shake hands.
6. I refrain from boasting to my teammates and "trash-talking" to members of other teams. I accept defeat graciously by congratulating my opponents on a game well played.
7. I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect and courtesy regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
8. I will not at any time lay a hand upon, shove, strike or threaten an official.
9. I will abide by officials decisions and will not express dissent from an official’s decision.
10. I will not verbally or physically abuse, threaten, vilify, or tease any coach, teammate, opponent, referee, or spectator.
11. I will not initiate or attempt to provoke a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, league official, or any other attendee.
12. I will not use obscene or vulgar gestures towards any official, coach, player or spectator, whether on or off the court.
13. I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of a coach, parent, player, participant, league official or any other attendee.
14. I will not use unnecessary rough tactics in games or practices.
15. I will treat gym, team, and league property and equipment with respect and care and return it to its proper place after practices and games. I will clean up any mess I’ve made and take care of my trash in all facilities/gyms.
16. I will not use or possess illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco, or be under the influence of any illegal drugs or alcohol, at any practice or game.
17. I will leave all player instruction to the coaches, and will not coach or instruct from the sidelines, bleachers, or anywhere else.
18. I will remain seated while I am on the bench.
19. I will remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.
20. I will learn the rules of the game. I will not ignore or deliberately break any rules except where the violation of the rule is an accepted part of the game (i.e., foul on breakaway to basket or "intentional" foul near the end of the game in order to get possession of the ball).
21. I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot. I will be on time for practice and games.
22. I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches. I will respect, listen to, and follow my coach’s rules, instructions, and directions. I will not interfere with my coach’s job by disagreeing with or interrupting my coach while he/she is talking and will not be disruptive during practices or games.
23. I will be a team player and will work just as hard for my team as for myself.
24. I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
25. I agree never to approach the officials after a game for any reason
Any violation of this code of conduct may result in disciplinary action which among other things may include a suspension of a player’s ability to attend Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League basketball games.